This workshop is designed to provide participants the opportunity to gain insights to the fundamentals of successful Supplier Quality Management (SQM), to enable you to manage your suppliers to significantly minimize the risks & costs, so as to achieve improvements in your product quality & business.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This workshop is specially designed for professionals related to Purchasing, Quality and Manufacturing Management who are responsible for managing your supplier’s quality performance and who are interested in developing and enhancing your personal competence & effectiveness in the SQM related areas.
By attending this highly interactive workshop, you and your fellow colleagues will be able to:
• Acquire the skills and competence in managing your supplier’s quality which is an extension of your own quality performance throughout the business lifecycle
• Use proven quality tools & techniques to select, qualify, evaluate and develop your suppliers in order to achieve the favorable results you desired.
1. Definition of Supplier Quality Management (SQM)
• Understanding the relationship between Supplier & Quality
• The importance and the goals of SQM
• Why is SQM critical to your business?
2. Suppliers Selection for your business
• Define type of suppliers required
• Define the selection criteria
• Analyze current supplier base
3. Use of appropriate Supplier Sourcing Grid
• Identify criteria for supplier sourcing grid
• Supplier Sourcing Grid methodology
4. Develop reliable Supplier Rating System (SRS)
• Effective supplier performance evaluation
• Definition of SRS criteria
• Implementation & follow-up
5. Introduction to Supplier Risk / Certification Assessment
• Identify assessment checklist
• Assessment process and methodology
• Formation of assessment team
6. Supplier Development
• Supplier Development Tools and Techniques
• Reactive versus Strategic Approaches
7. Increase supplier visibility & participation-Joint Quality
Manager/Joint Quality Engineer (JQM/JQE)
• Benefits of JQM/JQE
• Implementation of JQM/JQE
8. Successful Supplier Quality Management
• Supplier Performance Tracking
• Measuring and Tracking Cost of Poor Supplier Quality
• Closed Loop Corrective Action
• Engaging Suppliers in Quality Systems (Early Supplier Involvement)
Mr. GE Tan has extensive experience in Manufacturing, Quality, Industrial, Supply Management and Supplier Quality Development & Management positions at Philips, with over 34 years at Operations Management Level. Professional memberships include Member of American Society of Quality, and Executive Council member of the Singapore Quality Institute.
In the area of professional accreditation, Mr. GE Tan is a Certified Lead Assessor for Supplier Certification & Risks Assessments, Certified Assessor by European Foundation for Quality Management. Trained Assessor for the EduTrust Certification Scheme (Council for Private Education c/o Ministry of Education).
Mr. GE Tan has also extensive experience in leading Audit & Assessment Teams (comprising of multi-national team members) in conducting Business Excellence Framework (EFQM Excellence Model) Assessments; Risk & Certification Assessments; Productivity Scans; ISO 9001 Company-Wide Audits; and Production Process Readiness Audits/Assessments on suppliers located both locally and overseas. Overseas supplier included those in Europe, Eastern Europe, UK, USA, Mexico, Latin America, Japan, Australia, Taiwan, HK & many provinces in China.
COURSE DURATION 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM DAILY
COURSE FEES (NON-APPLICABLE FOR GST)
S$465.45 (Members) and S$497.55 (Non-Members)
Course fees include GST, Training materials, Certificates and light refreshments
Registration Fee of $17.12 apply
SDF funding & SkillsFuture applicable
All fees stated are inclusive of 7% GST
SINGAPORE QUALITY INSTITUTE
Peace Centre, 1 Sophia Road #05-06/07 Singapore 228149
Contact: Jonathan Koh
DID: 6467 4225
Fax: 6467 4226