ROOT CAUSE ANALYSIS METHODOLOGY & IMPLEMENTATION
This Root Cause Analysis course is designed to equip the participants with the knowledge and skills necessary to facilitate effective problem analysis. This course covers the systematic problem identification and the use of logic, data and process analysis to understand the problem, followed by root cause analysis and the recommendation of corrective actions to resolve the problem. The pertinent process of the verification of the effectiveness of the corrective actions and its integration to the overall business of the organization to prevent recurrence will be discussed and demonstrated with quiz and case studies.
UNDERSTAND THE METHODOLOGY AND IMPLEMENTATION OF ROOT CAUSE ANALYSIS
2. Defining the Problem from the Symptom observed in the workplace
3. Understanding the PDCA, Root Cause Analysis(RCA) process and it’s seven facts
4. RCA Team Formation and the Team Dynamics
5. RCA Tools
• 5 Whys and Beyond (Process Flow & etc)
• Cause and Effect Chart creation
• Incidents mapping development with barriers analysis
6. Data Collection and Analysis
• Population versus sampling; options for sampling
• Tools for opinions or less precise data
• Tools for discrete and continuous data analysis
• Tools for softer type data
7. Method of establishing the Critical Factors
8. Case Studies
9. Method of establishing the Root Causes
10. Solution Options Analysis and selecting the Best Fit
• Feasibility and Solution effect analysis
11. Planning and Preparing the Proposal
12. Methods of evaluating the effectiveness of Corrective and Preventive Actions
13. Common Traps
• Biases that affect RCA
• Organizational culture
• Structures of organization
14. Case Studies
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Executives, Managers and Supervisors for Development, Manufacturing and Service sectors. Quality and process engineers, technicians, corrective action coordinators or managers; supervisors, team leaders, and process operators and anyone who wants to improve their ability to solve recurring problems and to drive productivity with measurable outcomes.
AWARD OF CERTIFICATE
Certificate of Completion will be issued to participants who have successfully completed at least 75% duration of the course.
COURSE DURATION: 2 Days (9am – 5pm)
Member: $470 Non-Member: $500. GST is not Applicable.
(Fees inclusive of 2 tea breaks, training material & certificate of completion)
SDF Funding: S$28 (for All Companies)
SkillsFuture Credit of S$500 is Applicable for Singaporean (for Self-Paying Participants)
Registration Fee of $16 per participant will be added to all Executive Courses. (GST not applicable)
TRAINING VENUE: SQI, No 1 Sophia Road #05-06/07, Peace Centre, Singapore 228149
Contact: Jonathan Koh
DID: 6467 4225
Fax: 6467 4226