This Lean Six Sigma Green Belt training teaches and prepares individuals to implement the principles, practices, and techniques of Six Sigma in a support capacity on a Black Belt project team. Green Belts are traditionally Lead process stakeholders and may also be assigned specific process-level improvement projects to conduct on their own—projects that normally do not require the statistical rigor demonstrated by a Black Belt. This course enables the individual to apply the knowledge and skills learned in this course to in order to accomplish breakthrough business improvements for their organizations. The Lean Six Sigma methodology is a systematic application that can be applied in service-based, transactional, production-based and health care environments and is focused on achieving significant business results and increased customer satisfaction.
• Function as a ‘tools application’ member of a six sigma project team
• Lead and execute process-level improvement projects
• Collect process data and develop process maps
• Develop statistical hypotheses using simple statistical tools
• Design simple experiments and/or implementation plans that help validate improvement options
• Apply problem solving and quantifiable tools to an improvement project brought to class on the first day.
• Eliminate waste and defects by applying lean and six sigma
• Collect, analyze, and quantify data that enable process improvements
• Learn how to execute the six sigma methodology.
• Work with process owners to ensure process gains are held
DETAILED COURSE DESCRIPTION
The Six Sigma methodology is a systematic application that is focused on achieving significant financial results and increasing customer satisfaction. When properly deployed on carefully selected business projects, this methodology can lead to a significant reduction and in many cases, elimination of defects, process waste, and out-of-control processes which translate into dramatic business gains. Green Belts provide value within the organization’s Lean Six Sigma framework in a variety of ways. They serve on Black Belt project teams to help collect and analyze data, develop process maps, assist the Black Belt in certain levels of statistical analysis, and develop experimental designs for a particular project. These activities serve to support and accelerate progress in every project—which helps to maximize the organization’s return on its investment, and adds capacity to deliver even greater numbers of breakthrough improvement projects throughout the company.
Green Belts are also assigned specific improvement projects to conduct on their own—projects that would not require the statistical rigor demonstrated by the Black Belt. Green Belts are able to conduct these projects within the scope of their normal daily roles.
Participants will learn how to direct Lean Six Sigma projects and obtain the maximum improvements from the learned techniques and skills. Learned skills are practices and applied through individual and team exercises. These techniques are also applied to the individual projects. Participants will be able to apply the concepts learned in the class to a business improvement project assigned to them by their management sponsor.
1. Basic statistics is recommended. Basic college-level algebra will be helpful to understand statistical concepts is a minimum.
2. Minitab Statistical Software is required and for learning purposes A 1-month trial version can be downloaded from the Minitab website during class.
Green Belts play a vital role within a Six Sigma initiative as they learn to build on the Black Belt’s efforts of data collection and analysis, process mapping and design of experiments—many times even leading their own improvement projects. As a Green Belt you will learn how to use many of the time tested Lean methodologies with proven Six Sigma problem-solving and statistical tools to contribute to the success of your organization. On your successful completion of the training; and presentation of a project, you will be awarded the SQI/ASQ Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Completion Certificate.
• Lean Six Sigma Overview
• Define Phase
– Project Charter
• Measure Phase
– Process Mapping
– Introduction to Minitab
– Probability & Statistics
– Measurement System Analysis
– Process Capability
– Confidence Intervals
• Analyze Phase
– Cause and Effect
– Basic Tools
– Hypothesis Testing & ANOVA
– Correlation & Regression
• Improve Phase
– Introduction to Design of Experiments
– Full Factorial Experiment
– Catapult Exercise
• Control Phase
– Piloting and Implementation
– Statistical Process Control
– Variable Control Chart
– Attribute Control Chart
– Control Plans
• Lean Management
– Cycle Time Reduction
– 7 Waste Elimination
– Kanban, Just-in-time (JIT)
– Takt time, Line balancing, Standardized work
– Value Stream Analysis
• Tollgate and Project Review
Degree or Diploma holders with at least 2 years of working experience. Participants must have at least one potential project for execution. There is no written exam for this course. On your successful completion of the training; and presentation of a project, you will be awarded the SQI/ASQ Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Completion Certificate
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Managers, Supervisors, Marketing Executives, Process Owners & Personnel involved in process improvement and assurance.
Classroom Training – 3 months (Tues & Thurs / 7pm to 10pm)
Project Presentation – within 2 months after the last day of the course.
Member: S$2,839.35 Non member: S$3,412.98
Course fees include training materials, light refreshments & project supervision
Registration Fee of $17.12 and Exam & Certification Fees of $214 apply
SDF funding & SkillsFuture applicable
All fees stated are inclusive of 7% GST
ASQ EXAM (OPTIONAL)
Intended participants need to apply for the ASQ exam directly via https://asq.org/training