This course is the fruit of twenty years of interaction between Dr Bryan Ngoi and thousands of engineers from various industries. From the feedback of the engineers, Dr Ngoi realised that there is a pressing need to introduce GD&T training with emphasis on real life drawings, products and CMM measurement.
For our engineers to remain competitive in today’s market, they must have real and practical GD&T knowledge and skills that are relevant, current and sought after by employers. The real and practical GD&T knowledge and skills must be able to stand the test in real life working environment, where drawings are complex and “real life”, CMMs are widely used, first article inspections are challenging.
This course is been designed to address the above concerns. It covers both the breadth and the depth of functional dimensioning and exposes the participants vigorously to practical issues. It has been tailored to build proficiency in key and crucial GD&T areas, including: practical CMM measurement of functional dimensioning, part qualifications, first article inspections, proper tabulation of functional dimensioning inspection reports.
ESSENTIAL CONCEPTS & DATUMS
Feature, Feature of Size, Location Dimensions
MMC, LMC & RFS
Datum Reference Frame
Feature of Size Datum
Flatness & Applications
Straightness & Applications
Circularity & Applications
Cylindricity & Applications
Perpendicularity & Applications
Parallelism & Applications
Angularity & Applications
POSITION AND SYMMETRY
True Position & Tolerance of Position
Symmetry & Applications
RUNOUT AND CONCENTRICITY
Circular Runout and Applications
Total Runout and Applications
Concentricity and Applications
Co-planarity Applications using Profile
Location Control using Profile
Orientation Control using Profile
• INTRODUCTION & FUNDAMENTAL CONCEPTS
• DATUMS AND HOW TO ESTABLISH DATUMS — Case studies and applications with real life examples using Molex drawings.
• OPEN SET-UP MEASUREMENT — FLATNESS, STRAIGHTNESS, CIRCULARITY, CYLINDRICITY, PERPENDICULARITY, PARALLELISM, ANGULARITY, POSITION, SYMMETRY, CONCENTRICITY, CIRCULAR RUNOUT, TOTAL RUNOUT, LINE PROFILE & SURFACE PROFILE — Case studies and applications with real life examples using Molex drawings.
• FUNCTIONAL GAUGE DESIGN — STRAIGHTNESS, PERPENDICULARITY, PARALLELISM, ANGULARITY, POSITION & SYMMETRY — Case studies and applications with real life examples using Molex drawings.
HANDS-ON EXERCISES USING COMPANY’S DRAWING
• Practical GD&T CMM measurement
• Part qualifications, first article inspections, proper tabulation of GD&T dimensioning inspection reports.
TRAINER: DR BRYAN NGOI
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Technicians and Engineers in the areas of design, manufacturing and quality control who need to specify, interpret and apply geometric tolerances.
AWARD OF CERTIFICATE
Certificate of Completion will be issued to participants who have attended at least 75% of the course.
DURATION: 3 Days (9:00am – 5:00pm Daily)
S$1,200.00 (Members) $1,345.00 (Non-Members)
(Course fees include training materials, certificate, refreshments for 2 tea-breaks and lunch
Registration Fee of $17.12 apply
SDF funding & SkillsFuture applicable
All fees stated are inclusive of 7% GST
DID: 6467 4225