Agile has become the de facto framework for innovation at scale; and knowing Agile practices are a key skill for any organisation looking to leverage the speed and flexibility of product and service deliveries in the dynamic digital and business environment.
• Agile is an iterative, incremental approach to developing and releasing products or services with accepted
• The Agile method promotes self-organising, self-empowered, self-monitoring teams and individuals who work collaboratively with face-to-face communication.
• Agile practices emphases early and continuous value deliveries, continuous customer and stakeholder participation throughout the product development or service delivery process.
• A range of agile methodologies have emerged. All embrace the general principles of agile with difference in focus and level of practices and framework. This course is aimed at enabling organisations / participants achieve the value based business outcomes, managing complex projects by adopting the principles and practices of agile and setting foundation to learn advanced Agile courses.
This course on Agile Fundamentals will help learners to:
• Understand Traditional vs Agile approach in managing projects
• Apply strategies in adopting Agile practices with a focus on Scrum and Kanban Methodologies.
• Introduce Agile core values, principles and practices aligned to Agile Manifesto.
• Know how to get into the Agile mindset and achieve success in helping organisations evolve.
• Demonstrate skills required to deliver customer value and exceeding expectations
• Explore fun, interactive, and highly effective lessons from industry practitioners who had extensive experience in organisation transformation to Agile.
1 day | 9am – 5pm | 7 hours
Who should attend
This programme constitutes a beginner level Course, hence no previous experience in Agile is
Intended audience, but not limited to:
• Participants aspiring to enrich career in Agile
• IT project managers, team members, sub-matter experts and consultants from all types of Industry
• Product management professionals
Introduction to Agile
• Why Agile?
• Key Benefits of Agile
Agile Value eco-System (AVeS)
• Agile Manifesto
• Agile Values
• Agile Principles
• Agile Practices
Introduction to Scrum and Kanban Based Value Delivery
• What is Scrum Method?
• What is Kanban Method?
• Key considerations to adopt Scrum and Kanban
Pitfalls in Traditional Projects/Service Deliveries
Common Agile Misconceptions
Approach towards Agile Implementation
Q & A
Test – Post Course Evaluation
Registration Fee of S$17.12 apply. All fees stated are inclusive of 7% GST
Award of Certificate
This is a course jointly organised by SQI International and Cognizant. Certificate of Completion will be issued to participants who have attended 80% of the course and scored above 80% in the test as part of post course evaluation. Cognizant. Certificate of Completion will be issued to participants who have attended
Contact: Jonathan Koh