This Training is designed for individuals to acquire the knowledge on the methodology of the Design for Six Sigma and to prepare individuals to implement DFSS in the workplace. The course had been designed specifically to enable individuals to benefit from DFSS Methodology and DFSS Techniques through workgroup breakout discussions, quiz and case studies.
Design for Six Sigma is a logical and systematic application that can be integrated into a company’s existing product, equipment, process, service development and improvements by re-engineering. When it is properly deployed, the organization will evolve into a Six Sigma organization where products, equipment, processes and service can be designed, developed, launched or manufactured, and sold with Six Sigma quality and capability meeting the customer needs, leading to product innovation, consistency, reliability and sustainable sales, revenues and profits.
APPLY DFSS METHODOLOGY AND ITS IMPLEMENTATION
1. Identify the application of Design for Six Sigma with respect to traditional and Lean Six Sigma
2. Learn and evaluate the DFSS IDOV methodology
3. Apply the method of establishing accurate customer requirements.
• The Customer Value-Hierarchy
• Prioritizing efforts toward satisfying customer
4. Learn and apply the customer requirements (CTQs) flow down methodology to design
• Business opportunity assessment
• House of Quality
• Risk analysis
5. Analyse test variation, process capability and measurement system analysis techniques to enhance your design
• Probability of non-conformance
• Short and long term capability
• The six steps of SPC
6. Diagnose DOE optimisation and the transfer function methodology
• Types of transfer functions
• Illustrations of interactions and optimisation
7. Learn and apply Test variations analysis and the DFSS Design Scorecard
• How to compile scorecard?
• Quality prediction
8. Apply Reliability analysis techniques, tollgate review and the validation methods
• Load-Strength analysis and the Bath Tub Curve
• The six phases of Tollgate
• Phase by phase validation
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Managers, Staff Engineer, Senior Engineers and Engineers for Quality and Reliability, Design & Development, Manufacturing and Service sectors involve in process, product or service improvements or re-engineering or development.
AWARD OF CERTIFICATE
Certificate of Completion will be issued to participants who have attended at least 75% of the course.
3 Days (9am – 5pm)
Members: $775.75, Non-Members: $829.25
Course fees include training materials, certificates and light refreshments
SDF Funding: S$42 (for all companies)
SkillsFuture credit of S$500 is applicable for Singaporean (for self-paying participants)
Registration Fee of $17.12 apply
SDF funding & SkillsFuture applicable
All fees stated are inclusive of 7% GST
SQI, No 1 Sophia Road #05-06/07, Peace Centre, Singapore 228149
Contact: Jonathan Koh
DID: 6467 4225
Fax: 6467 4226