- 7 hours
Reports are the lifeblood of decision making and monitoring in business. Ideally, they provide relevant, vetted information that allows a reader to easily understand both context and implications and make an informed decision. However, too often, important information is buried and organisation is muddled. And, writing a report can feel like a time-draining burden.
This one-day program teaches you the optimal planning and writing process to convey technical and complex information effectively. And, you will learn how to write reports more efficiently, saving you time and reducing frustration.
By the end of the course, you would be able to:
- Understand and avoid the common errors in technical writing
- Employ guided technical writing skills
- Acquire practice in writing technical reports
- Write clear and convincing reports
- Format their technical reports effectively
1 day | 9am – 5pm | 7 hours
Who Should Attend
This workshop is suitable all industries – from factories to research laboratories; particularly for individuals looking to improve their report writing skills to become more effective in communication, or in an industry that involves technical or financial analytical documents and reports.
Award of Certificate
Certificate of Completion will be issued to participants who have attended at least 75% of the course.
Registration Fee of S$17.28 apply.
All fees stated are inclusive of 8% GST
INTRODUCTION TO TECHNICAL WRITING
- Problems Faced by Technical Writers
- Ten Cs of Effective Technical writing
- Guidelines for Better Writing
THE WRITING PROCESS
- 7 Steps of the Writing Process
- Effective Openings of Reports
- Effective Closings of Reports
- Format of Letters and Reports
GUIDELINES FOR TECHNICAL DOCUMENTS
- Problem Solving and Project Status Reports
- Proposal to Purchase and Incident/Accident Report
- Convincing Your Reader(s)
- How to make a heavy Technical Report more stimulating
PUTTING IT TOGETHER
- Editing Your Report
- Checklist of effective Technical Writing techniques