- 14 hours
This workshop is designed to provide participants the opportunity to gain insights to the fundamentals of successful Supplier Quality Management (SQM), to enable you to manage your suppliers to significantly minimise the risks & costs, so as to achieve improvements in your product quality & business.
By attending this highly interactive workshop, you and your fellow colleagues will be able to:
- Acquire the skills and competence in managing your supplier’s quality which is an extension of your own quality performance throughout the business lifecycle.
- Use proven quality tools & techniques to select, qualify, evaluate and develop your suppliers in order to achieve the favorable results you desired.
2 days | 9am – 5pm | 14 hours
Who Should Attend
This workshop is specially designed for professionals related to Purchasing, Quality and Manufacturing Management who are responsible for managing your supplier’s quality performance and who are interested in developing and enhancing your personal competence & effectiveness in the SQM related areas.
Registration Fee of S$17.28 apply.
SDF funding & SkillsFuture applicable
All fees stated are inclusive of 8% GST
Award of Certificate
Certificate of Completion will be issued to participants who have attended at least 75% of the course.
DEFINITION OF SUPPLIER QUALITY MANAGEMENT (SQM)
- Understanding the relationship between Supplier & Quality
- The importance and the goals of SQM
- Why is SQM critical to your business?
SUPPLIERS SELECTION FOR YOUR BUSINESS
- Define type of suppliers required
- Define the selection criteria
- Analyse current supplier base
USE OF APPROPRIATE SUPPLIER SOURCING GRID
- Identify criteria for supplier sourcing grid
- Supplier Sourcing Grid methodology
DEVELOP RELIABLE SUPPLIER RATING SYSTEM (SRS)
- Effective supplier performance evaluation
- Definition of SRS criteria
- Implementation & follow-up
INTRODUCTION TO SUPPLIER RISK / CERTIFICATION ASSESSMENT
- Identify assessment checklist
- Assessment process and methodology
- Formation of assessment team
- Supplier Development Tools and Techniques
- Reactive versus Strategic Approaches
INCREASE SUPPLIER VISIBILITY & PARTICIPATION-JOINT QUALITY MANAGER / JOINT QUALITY ENGINEER (JQM/JQE)
- Benefits of JQM/JQE
- Implementation of JQM/JQE
SUCCESSFUL SUPPLIER QUALITY MANAGEMENT
- Supplier Performance Tracking
- Measuring and Tracking Cost of Poor Supplier Quality
- Closed Loop Corrective Action
- Engaging Suppliers in Quality Systems (Early Supplier Involvement)