- 14 hours
The course objectives of this chapter are to ensure that the participants understood the concept of Zero Defects environment and the Mistake Proofing (Poka Yoke) concepts.
The cost objectives of this chapter are to ensure that, as operational staff, the body of QC skills & knowledge required and therefore under the heading of continuous improvement tool illustrates New Quality Management Tools for application use.
2 days | 9am – 5pm | 14 hours
Who Should Attend
This course is particularly suitable for and benefit to Engineers, Supervisors, Process Specialists or any personnel involved in maintenance, process control and improvement activities.
- Learn the Lean methodology and concept.
- Learn the basic Lean tools & techniques to analyse real life problem.
- Apply continuous flow concept.
- 7W and 5S concept.
Registration Fee of S$17.12 apply.
SDF funding & SkillsFuture applicable
All fees stated are inclusive of 7% GST
Award of Certificate
Certificate of Completion will be issued to participants who have attended at least 75% of the course.
CHAPTER 1 The course illustrates the Mistake Proofing system and the application of tools and techniques to prevent mistakes from becoming defects in the operational activities. The selection and acquisition of the use of various mistake proofing methods in different work situation and environment. The various topics covered are as follows:
- Zero Quality Control (ZOC)
- Limitation of SPC
- What is Zero Defects?
- The PDCA cycle
- Error and Defects
- Integrating Do & Check in Zero Defects
- The Elements of Zero Defects approach
- Products Inspection
- Judgment Inspection
- Informative inspection
- Source inspection
- Understanding Mistake Proofing
- Why mistakes are made?
- Strategies for Zero Defects
- Mistake Proofing principle and concepts
- The purposes for Mistake Proofing
- The desired outcome
- Mistake proofing methods
- When Mistake proofing won’t work
- Practical & cost-effective Poka Yoke
- The Mistake Proofing process
- Mistake proofing steps
- Poka Yoke process tools & techniques
- Integrating Poka Yoke with FMEA
- Implement Poka Yoke Ideas
- Continuous Improvement
- The Cultural Elements
- Case studies / illustrations
CHAPTER 2 It describes the supporting team problem solving skills (which makes almost all of the tools effective) with effective tools like the Pareto Analysis, the Cause and Effect Diagram etc. This also illustrates the six classic problem-solving steps and guidelines for brainstorming the remedial solutions. With the Process Flow charts, it highlights on the improvement steps that need to follow with Plan-Do-Check-Act approach improvement cycles. The participants will also understand the concept of the New Quality Management tools namely, Affinity diagram, Tree diagram, Interrelationship digraph (I.D), Prioritisation matrices and FMEA applications. The selection and acquisition of the use of various mistake proofing methods in different work situation and environment. The various topics covered with case studies / illustrations are as follows:
- The Team Approach
- The Six Class Problem-Solving steps
- The problem must be defined
- Guidelines for Brainstorming
- Fishbone Cause and Effect Diagram
- Process Flow Chart
- Process Flow Improvement steps
- Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA)
- team Problem Solving Flow Chart
- The New quality Management Tools
- Affinity Diagram
- Tree Diagram
- Interrelationship Diagraph (I.D)
- Prioritisation Matrix
- FMEA (System, Design & Process)