- 14 hours
Projects and Project Management works involve a team of people contributing their diverse individual expertise toward achieving a common objective or goal. Successfully managing a project requires effective planning and adherence to the industry’s best practices in every step of the process. By understanding the fundamentals of project management, you will be better prepared to initiate a project in your organisation and position it for success.
This two-day program is designed with the objective of presenting an introductory level knowledge of project management practices to non-project specialists to enable the learning of project management practices without the overwhelming jargons of a formal project management framework. The workshop focuses on managing the dynamics of projects and will equip participants with the hands-on skills and experience to manage projects successfully.
At the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Identify the dynamics of managing project
- Manage expectations and developing strategies for influencing stakeholders
- Use practical tools for managing projects
- Manage the dynamics of human relations of project teams
2 days | 9am – 5pm | 14 hours
Who Should Attend
This workshop is suitable for individuals whose primary job may not be project management, but manage projects on an informal basis. Also, individuals from any domain of work and at any level of specialist or project work seeking to understand more about project management and to contribute more effectively to their organisations’ projects.
Award of Certificate
Certificate of Completion will be issued to participants who have attended at least 75% of the course.
Registration Fee of S$17.28 apply.
All fees stated are inclusive of 8% GST
- Pre-project tasks
- Defining & understanding projects
- Defining roles & responsibilities
- Clarifying goals & setting objectives
PLANNING FOR PROJECT RISK, COMMUNICATION AND CHANGE CONTROL
- Practical project planning tools
- Defining requirements, boundaries & improvement cycle
- Analyse the Risks to a Project
- Create a Communication Plan
- Plan for Change Control
- Tools and process for implementing the project plan
PROJECT MONITORING AND CONTROL
- Tools for monitoring and controlling the project progress
- Developing an action plan
MANAGING THE PROJECT CLOSURE
- Critical tasks at project closure
- Handling over the project
- Preparing and presenting project report
MANAGING THE HUMAN DYNAMICS OF PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- Understanding and managing human dynamics