- 106 hours
To provide participants with knowledge in Reliability Engineering. The programme covers the basic principles in Reliability, Availability and Maintainability, Reliability Management Control and the tools used in Reliability Engineering. At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Assume the role of a reliability engineer in planning and implementing the Reliability Programme as well as predict, test and improve product reliability
- Be adequately prepared to sit for the CRE examinations conducted by ASQ
Every Saturdays | 9am to 4pm | 4 months | 106 hours
Who Should Attend
Engineers and managers who intend to acquire knowledge in reliability engineering and mathematical methods to improve product reliability, diagnose and solve various reliability problems for overall improvements of the quality systems.
Diploma with at least 4 years working experience in the quality related field;
Degree with at least 2 years working experience in the quality related field.
- Strategic management aspects of reliability engineering.
- Use probability and statistical tools to analyse product lifecycle, conduct hypothesis testing, understand appropriate statistical models, tolerance and confidence intervals, sample size determination, and regression analysis.
- Develop reliability test plans that represent the expected use environment and operational conditions. Will select, analyse, and interpret the results of various test methods to be used during product development and end product testing.
Registration Fee of S$17.12 and Exam & Certification Fees of S$214 apply
SDF funding & SkillsFuture applicable.
All fees stated are inclusive of 7% GST
Written examination – held approximately 4 weeks from the end of course.
RELIABILITY MANAGEMENT AND PRODUCT SAFETY & LIABILITY
- Planning & Resource Management
- Operations Management
DATA COLLECTION AND ANALYSIS AND CORRECTIVE ACTION
- Failure Reporting & Corrective Action Systems
- Root Causes Analysis
- Fault Tree Analysis (FTA)
PROBABILITY & STATISTICAL TOOLS
- Basic Concept
- Statistical Inference
- Design of Experiments
- Pre-development Planning
- Development Testing
- Product Testing
MODELING AND PREDICTIONS
- Reliability Allocation
- Reliability Modeling
- Reliability Predictions
MAINTAINABILITY AND AVAILABILITY
- Planning & developing a maintainability program
- Maintainability Prediction
- Design for maintainability
- Built-in Test
- Design Review
RELIABILITY TOOLS IN DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT
- Developing customer needs
- Design Techniques
- Parts Control & Management
- Management Technique