- Quality Tools & Techniques
- 14 hours
This course will enable the participants to:
- Understand the fundamental principle and knowledge of APQP as describe by DaimlerChrysler, Ford and General Motor.
- Understand the application of APQP and its intent in the IATF 16949 system.
- Understand the requirements of the PPAP requirements.
- Understand the process of developing and producing a package that meets PPAP requirements.
2 days | 9am – 5pm | 14 hours
Who Should Attend
This course is suitable and benefit to anyone involved in maintenance, marketing, design, and process control and improvement activities and also particularly for individual that is responsible for planning, developing or managing a quality system to satisfy the QS 9000 or IATF 16949 quality system requirements.
Participants should have a basic knowledge of quality and manufacturing concepts.
Registration Fee of S$17.28 apply.
SDF funding & SkillsFuture applicable
All fees stated are inclusive of 8% GST
Award of Certificate
Certificate of Completion will be issued to participants who have attended at least 75% of the course.
APQP Many organisations are struggling with the concept of advanced quality planning and how to incorporate this methodology into existing framework. Published jointly by DaimlerChrysler, Ford and General Motor, advanced product quality planning is required in the IATF16949 Quality Systems Requirements manual, but it can be used for virtually any other system. Product Quality Planning is a structured method of defining and establishing the steps necessary to assure that a product satisfies the customer.
- Fundamentals of APQP and the 5 steps approach
- Plan and Define Phase
- Product Design and Development Phase
- Process Design and Development Phase
- Product and Process Validation
- Feedback, Assessment and Corrective Action
PPAP Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) is one of the required procedural manuals of the IATF 16949 Quality System. It was developed by the Quality and Part Approval staffs at Diamler Chrysler, Ford, and General Motors, working under the auspices of the Automotive Division of the America Society for Quality (ASQ) and the Automotive Industry Action Group (ALAG). The intent is to determine if all customer engineering design record and specification requirements are properly understood by the supplier and that the process has the potential to produce product consistently meeting these requirements during an actual production run at the quoted production rate.
- PPAP purpose and scope
- Submission Requirements
- Submission Levels Requirements
- Approval Status and Record
APQP & PPAP